Archive - 7th Five Flavours Film Festival
Taiwanese cinema once again becomes one of the specialities served in the Five Flavours' program.
During the 7th edition of Five Flavours, we presented a unique selection of the Taiwanese New Wave titles screened from 16mm prints at TR Warszawa.
"Pushing Hands", Ang Lee's directorial debut from 1992, and "Boys from Fengkuei" by Hou Hsiao-hsien were among five classic titles included in the Taiwan'16mm section.
The films were presented in original languages with English subtitles.
Wafa Ghermani, a sinologist and Taiwanese film expert, introduces New Wave titles and a short history of this film movement in Taiwan.
- "Ah-fei", dir. Wan Jen, 1983
- "Boys from Fengkuei", dir. Hou Hsaio-hsien, 1983
Awards: Golden Montgolfiere - Nantes Three Continents Film Festivalal
- "Banana Paradise", dir. Wang Tung, 1989
- "Pushing Hands" dir. Ang Lee, 1992
Awards: Best Film - Asia-Pacific Film Festival, Golden Horse Award - Golden Horse Film Festival
- "Tonight Nobody Goes Home", dir. Sylvia Chang, 1996