People's Jury Rules and Regulations
Terms and Conditions of International People's Jury at Five Flavours Film Festival
- Festival – Five Flavours Film Festival
- Jury – the Festival's International People's Jury
- Platform – piecsmakow.pl/education.
- Organizer – Arteria Art Foundation located in Warsaw at ul. Świętokrzyska 30/68A, 00-116, Warszawa, entered into the register of associations, other social and professional organizations, foundations and independent public health care units, and the business register of the Regional Court for Warsaw, XII Commercial Division of the Polish Company Register under the KRS number: 0000213829, NIP number: 521-329-94-74, Regon number: 015779463.
- Co-organizers – Stichting Tamago located in Rotterdam at Rochussenstraat 5 A, 3015 EA Rotterdam, The Netherlands, registered under the number 24384162; Elokuvien Aasia ry / Asian Cinema Association of Finland located in Helsinki at Alppikatu 3 B 59, FI-00530 Helsinki, Finland, Businness ID / Y-tunnus: 2561838-4; Associazione Centro Espressioni Cinematografiche located in Udine at Via Villalta 24, 33100 Udine, Italy, registered under the number 512/CF80008140305.
- Participant – a natural person who has accepted these Rules and Regulations, has expressed the wish to participate, has filled in the required form and has been accepted by the Organizer as a Jury Member
- GDPR – the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 adopted on 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) (OJEU L, 119, 2016, p. 1, as amended)
- These Rules and Regulations determine the organization of the Jury and the rights and responsibilities of the Organizer, Co-organizers, and Participants.
- The Organizer and the Co-organizers offer the possibility to participate in the Jury.
- The Jury assembles in Warsaw for the duration of the Festival.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change the form of the Festival to online festival only; in this case, the Jury will be assembling online only.
Conditions of Participation
- The number of Participants is limited to 12.
a) The Organizers and Co-organizers will take into consideration the number and quality of applications and try to pick an equal number of Participants from each of the countries of origin of the Organizer and the Co-organizers (Poland, Italy, The Netherlands, Finland).
- To apply to participate, it is necessary to:
a) be 18 years old or older,
b) know English fluently in speech and writing,
c) participate in the previous editions of People's Jury at the Festival no more than once,
d) accept these Rules and Regulations
e) express the wish to participate by filling in the required form available at the Platform and sending it in along with the assignment and the cover letter,
f) Being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 with all necessary doses.
- Only one person who has previously been a member of People's Jury during the earlier editions of the Festival can be chosen for the Jury.
- Participation in the Jury is free of charge.
- The Organizer and each of the Co-organizers has access to application forms and the possibility to choose three Participants.
a) The process of choosing Jury members involves the stages of preselection and selection. During preselection, the Organizer and Co-organizers check if the applications sent fulfill the formal requirements. During selection they inspect the quality of the applications sent, including the assignment and the cover letter.
- The recruitment will be open between September 1-27, 2021.
- The organizer will announce the list of accepted Participants no later than on October 4, 2021.
Scope of Services
- The Organizer provides the transportation to and from Warsaw for the Participants, so that they can participate in the Jury.
a) The Organizer makes individual arrangements with each Participant and set a date and a manner of transportation – a plane or a train,
b) The Organizer provides transportation to and from the airport/train station in Warsaw only.
- If the Participant does not use the ticket to Warsaw bought by the Organizer, they have to travel to or from Warsaw at their own expense.
- For the duration of the Festival, the Organizer provides the Participants with:
a) accommodation in a single room for Participants living outside Warsaw,
b) meals – breakfasts, lunches and dinners,
c) access to public transportation in Warsaw,
d) a seven-day education program,
e) a Pass with access to all Festival films.
- In case the form of the Festival is changed to online only, the Organizer does not provide the services from § 4 par. 1 and § 4 par. 3a-3c. In this case, the access to films mentioned in § 4 par. 3e will be provided in an online form at piecsmakow.pl.
- The Participant is obligated to:
a) send the Organizer a proof of vaccination for COVID-19 within no more than 7 days from receiving the information about being chosen for the Jury.
b) come to Warsaw for the duration of the Festival,
c) participate in the education program mentioned in § 4 par. 3d,
d) fulfill the assignments given by the leaders of the education program they participate in,
e) watch all the competition films at the Festival,
f) participate in the Jury deliberations.
- In case of insulting or violating the rights of third parties (especially other Participants'), violating these Rules and Regulations or moral turpitude, the Organizer reserves the right to remove the person from the Jury. In this event, the Participant is no longer subject to these rules and Regulations, including losing the right to services provided by the Organizer in § 4.
- In case the form of the Festival is changed to online only, the Participant is not subject to § 5 par. 1a-1b, but they do need to have access to the Internet and the equipment (a computer, tablet, or other device) allowing them to participate in the Jury via online communicators.
- By sending in the entry assignment or an assignment for the educational program offered by the Organizer, the Participant states that they have full copyrights for the assignment and that the assignment does violate the rights of any third parties.
- At the moment of creation of the work created as part of the Participant's responsibilities, the Participant gives the Organizer a free, non-exclusive license for the assignment for an indefinite period of time, without territorial restrictions, on the following fields of exploitation:
a) in terms of recording and reproduction through the production of copies by any means, including printing, magnetic storage, or digital technology;
b) in terms of the trade of the original or copies of the recorded work – marketing, hiring, or lending the original or the copies;
c) in terms of the dissemination of the work through a public display, a screening, or by publicly sharing the work in a manner allowing any person to access it at a time and place of their choosing.
- By sending in the entry form, the Participant agrees to the use of their image recorded in the form of pictures and audiovisual materials given to the Organizer or created by the Organizer and connected to their fulfillment of the duties of the Jury Member, which will then be used for the promotion of the Festival and the Jury in press and the Internet.
- The controller of personal data is the Organizer.
- Consenting to the processing of personal data is voluntary, but it is necessary to participate in the Jury. If the Participant does not submit their personal data, their application will not be considered.
- The personal data will be processed for the following purposes:
a) for the performance of the contract or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract, in particular choosing the Jury Members by the Organizer, pursuant to Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR;
b) for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject, in particular for complaint procedure, pursuant to Article 6 (1) (c) GDPR;
c) for the potential assertion or verification of claims, or defense against any claims and other legitimate interests pursued by the controller, pursuant to Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
- Personal data will be provided to external entities providing services for the Organizer and Co-organizers.
- Personal data will be stored till the day when the claims for participation in the Jury expire, with a possibility of an extension if data processing is necessary for the pursuit of claims or defense against any claims and other legitimate interests pursued by the controller.
- A person whose personal data is being processed has the right to:
a) demand from the controller the access to their personal data;
b) demand from the controller the rectification of their inaccurate personal data;
c) demand from the controller the removal of their personal data;
d) restrict the processing of their personal data;
e) object to the processing of their personal data;
f) transfer their personal data;
g) withdraw the consent for processing their personal data at any given time, without affecting the legality of the processing of the data based on the consent prior to the withdrawal;
h) complain to the President of the Office of Personal Data Protection.
- Decisions concerning the processing of personal data will not be automated.
- To execute your rights, you can contact the Organizer in writing at their office address or send and email to email@example.com.
- Any complaints should be presented to the Organizer in writing or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than seven days after the end of the Jury.
- The Organizer will respond within 14 days from the date of receiving the complaint in writing or via email.
- The current information on the Jury is published at the Platform.
- If you have any questions regarding the Jury, please email us at email@example.com.