Five Flavours 2020 Call For Submissions!
2020 is an extremely challenging year for the film industry but we stay positive and keep working as intensively as ever. Unlike many events around the globe, which had to be cancelled, rescheduled or postponed for unspecified future, we aim to take place as planned in November. To submit Your feature film, please contact: email@example.com
We accept links to Vimeo or YouTube videos as well as links to your film on Festival Scope or Cinando.
Amidst the COVID-19 outbreak, our team continues to accept film submissions, but prepares potential scenarios of going partly or fully virtual.
Why Five Flavours?
Five Flavours Asian Film Festival is one of the very few film events in Europe uniquely dedicated to Asian cinema. For past 13 years we have been presenting films from South East, East and South Asia, bringing to Poland premiere screenings of the latest and most appealing independent productions as well as classics, genre films, new works of renowned Asian directors and retrospectives. We have grown to become one of the biggest events of its kind, well recognised in Europe and Asia.
Our competition section called New Asian Cinema aims to present fresh voices and outstanding productions, which address current issues and broaden the boundaries of film imagination. The aim of the festival has always been to highlight filmmakers whose work is different, exciting and made with passion. We look for artists at the beginning of their creative path, creating innovative and original projects. Selected films compete for the Grand Prix of the Festival, which from 2015 is picked by People's Jury - a group of eleven cinema enthusiast, carefully selected non professionals distinguished by real love for Asian cinema.
Submission Rules and Guidelines:
The 14th Five Flavours Asian Film Festival will take place in November 2020. We focus on full length feature films (60 minutes and over). Please do not submit documentaries or short films.
- Films must be submitted via online screener.
- We accept links to Vimeo or YouTube videos as well as links to your film on Festival Scope or Cinando.
- We accept feature films from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Burma, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Nepal, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
- All submissions must have been completed after 1 January 2018.
- We require the Polish premiere for the selected entries. The film cannot be presented at any film festival, theatrically released, broadcasted on TV, streamed on VOD platform or any other online media in Poland prior to the festival dates.
- Preview and screening copies must have English subtitles.
- There is no fee for film submissions.
Selection of Films
- The deadline for submissions is August 1, 2020, after which we will contact selected submissions.
- We offer a fixed fee for selected entries or we are happy to welcome filmmakers in Warsaw for the festival, covering travel costs and accommodation.
- Only DCP format is accepted for the festival screenings. In a very rare situation we accept Blu Ray. It is necessary to provide English dialogue list and publicity materials.
The world of cinema has currently been halted to a large extend. We have been following the recent global events unfold and preparing for several potential scenarios. We are not sure if we can organise physical screenings in November or whether filmmakers will be able travel to Warsaw, therefore we are open to possibility of going partly or fully virtual. Stay tuned for more news.